Hen and turkey are standard for being excessive in protein and low in saturated fat making a mealtime staple for athletes in addition to in lots of wholesome consuming households. Falling again on the identical previous recipes begins to grow to be mundane and somewhat too routine. Discovering new methods to prepare dinner up the usual chook and hold it attention-grabbing (and hold your style buds dancing) is time-consuming however on this sequence of recipes, I’ll spotlight many various methods to arrange your poultry so your meal rotation is something however boring. So whaddya say? Let’s play hen!
Stir fry type meals make weeknights easy to prep and simple to eat. Cooking lean proteins, like hen, in a stir fry maintains a nice bite-able texture since they prepare dinner shortly and don’t have time to grow to be dry—which could be a drawback with proteins which are low in fats content material. A better fats content material is one contributor to tender, moist meat however the cooking type and prep even have quite a lot of affect on the ultimate final result. With this in thoughts, leaner meats might be saved tender by utilizing further wholesome fat as your cooking oil, like olive oil or coconut oil. Cooking small chunk measurement items shortly with acidic sauces, as on this recipe, additionally serves to keep up as a lot tenderness within the meat as doable.
This Viet-style lemongrass hen is my tackle a Vietnamese dish made simpler and household pleasant whereas illustrating one methodology of holding hen items tender. On this dish, conventional Vietnamese flavors which are heavy on garlic and lemongrass mix with a savory, candy sauce that’s oh-so-right for pairing with bell peppers and onion, spooned over rice.
Energy 345, Protein 26g, Carbs 38g, Fats 10g
Prep time: 15 min
Cook dinner time: 15 min
- 1 pound boneless skinless hen breasts minimize into chunk measurement items
- 2 tablespoons coconut or olive oil for the pan
- 1 stalk lemongrass, minced (or 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon low sodium tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or sake
- 1/2 teaspoon pink chili pepper flakes (non-compulsory)
- 2 pink or inexperienced bell peppers, minimize into strips
- 1 pink onion, minimize into strips
- 2 cups ready rice
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Put together rice in keeping with directions.
- Whereas rice is cooking, warmth a wok or massive sauté pan with sufficient coconut or olive oil so the hen won’t keep on with it, about 2 tablespoons or so.
- Toss the hen, lemongrass, and garlic into the pan and stir prepare dinner till very aromatic and hen is not pink on the skin.
- In a small dish, mix the fish sauce, lime juice, honey, tamari, sake, and chili flakes.
- Pour sauce combination into the hen and stir to coat.
- Add bell pepper and onion and stir prepare dinner till veggies start to melt.
- Serve hen as is or spooned over high sizzling rice and high with chopped cilantro.
If you wish to kickstart your clear consuming marketing campaign, there isn’t any higher method than to start out Kari's 28 Day Clear Consuming Problem now. It's designed for abnormal people who find themselves busy and have quite a lot of calls for on their time.