Day 1 of 40
Initially posted on Cooking Up Clear [Photo credit: Kari Lund]
Prep time: 10 min
Prepare dinner time: 15 min
- 1 candy potato, peeled and shredded
- ½ teaspoon chili powder or Cajun seasoning
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup contemporary chopped spinach (a couple of small handful of leaves previous to chopping)
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to style
- 1 tablespoon contemporary chopped chives or cilantro
- Dried chile threads, for garnish (optionally available)
- Preheat oven to 350 levels.
- Toss shredded candy potato, chili powder, and salt collectively in a small bowl.
- Divide potato combination evenly amongst 4 greased ramekins (or a jumbo muffin pan) and press on backside and up onto sides to make a nest.
- Divide spinach evenly inside potato nest.
- Bake Quarter-hour.
- Gently crack an egg into every of the ramekins and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake a further 13-Quarter-hour till egg whites are set however yolk ought to nonetheless be runny (if you happen to choose a agency egg yolk, bake just a little longer till absolutely set).
- To plate the egg nests, gently run a butter knife alongside the sting and slide onto plate. Garnish with chopped chives and chile threads.
Extra eggs to gasoline your system:
A Hearty, Seasonal One-Skillet Breakfast (or Lunch) Recipe
What's your reaction?