Day 11 of 40
Initially posted on Cooking Up Clear [Photo credit: Kari Lund]
Prep time: 15 min
Prepare dinner time: 20 min
Yield: about 20 meatballs
- 1 pound floor beef
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons gochujang pepper paste (or use Sriracha sauce)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice flour (elective)
- Greens of 4 scallions, chopped (save white half for sauce)
- ½ cup tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos (low sodium is most popular)
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 4 scallions, white half solely, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon gochujang pepper paste (or use Sriracha)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger (from a couple of 2" piece)
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tablespoon starch of any sort (potato starch, corn starch, tapioca starch)
- Preheat oven to 350 levels.
- In a medium bowl, add floor beef with egg, rice flour, garlic, onion greens, and gochujang.
- Combine collectively utilizing your fingers till all is totally mixed.
- Form into 1-1.5" balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes and take away from oven. High with sauce and serve instantly or place in a crockpot together with the sauce to maintain heat whereas serving.
- Whereas meatballs are baking, mix all sauce elements in a small saucepot.
- Warmth sauce elements whereas whisking till thickened to a BBQ sauce consistency.
- Pour over meatballs and serve scorching.
You can too make up the meatballs prematurely and freeze them. Reheat earlier than serving after which high with contemporary made sauce.
Clear consuming at its finest:
40 Days of Clear Consuming: Tuscan Kale and Potato Soup