Day 5 of 40
Initially posted on Cooking Up Clear [Photo credit: Kari Lund]
Prep time: 10 min
Prepare dinner time: 15 min
Yield: 20 poppers
- 10 jalapeños
- 8 medjool dates, pitted (for those who use common dates, you'll want 16-20 since they’re much smaller)
- 8 slices of uncured, all pure bacon, cooked
- 2 tablespoons quinoa flakes (or panko bread crumbs or parmesan cheese)
- Preheat oven to 350 levels.
- Slice jalapeños lengthwise and seed them.
- Organize jalapeño halves onto a baking sheet.
- Mix dates and bacon in a meals processor or blender and pulse till finely floor collectively.
- Spoon filling into every of the jalapeño halves.
- Sprinkle quinoa flakes (or panko, or parmesan cheese) over every popper.
- Bake for quarter-hour.
Extra clear consuming appetizer recipe concepts:
40 Days of Clear Consuming: Dairy Free Roasted Garlic Cream of Mushroom Soup