Day 10 of 40
Initially posted on Cooking Up Clear [Photo credit: Kari Lund]
Prep time: 15 min
Cook dinner time: 30 min
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups low sodium vegetable or hen inventory
- 4 cups sliced potatoes (I used fingerlings for cute little circles)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon purple pepper flakes
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- ½ cup coconut milk kefir (or coconut milk, or dairy cream)
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed beef gelatin (non-obligatory)
- Salt to style
- Manchego (or parmesan) cheese, grated for topping
- In a frying pan, brown the sausage with the onion and garlic.
- Whereas sausage is browning, place broth, potatoes, oregano, and pepper flakes in saucepan and warmth to boiling.
- As soon as sausage is browned, add it to the saucepan and boil till potatoes are tender.
- Add kale, coconut kefir (or cream), and gelatin (if utilizing).
- Spoon into bowls and prime with cheese if desired.
Notes: Leftovers may be refrigerated or frozen.
Extra filling and nutritious meal concepts:
40 Days of Clear Consuming: Sausage and Goat Cheese Mini Quiche